Find my Products on Redbubble!

Monday 20 March 2017

Badger Army At The Ready!

Well last week was extremely full on! I think I managed to get about two weeks work done in a single week and boy did I feel it on Friday, I had no motivation at all!

But it was a blooming awesome week and I'm so happy with everything that got achieved! There are some fun new products up on my Etsy shop HERE including my little mr goldfinch who I'm actually really proud of now. He started of as such a simple little doodle, he was a warm up painting that just got too good not to turn in to a print and I love him.
I really can't wait to be able to live in our own home where we can actually put pictures up, by the time that happens I'm going to have so many much loved prints that our walls will be covered in artwork, most likely all birds and bears the way I'm going!


But after all the work that happened last week I was desperate to get out of the house and get back to nature so me and the OH went out for a long hike in the woods. It was super muddy and there was an almost constant drizzle as we were walking but oh it was so amazing. I don't get to go much further than the streets nowadays, I used to spend a lot of my time roaming around woods but that was back when I was single and didn't have a business to run and I'll admit I really do miss it. 
So going for this walk was just awesome and I loved it even if I did wreck my favourite trainers... they're meant to be green and pink... at the end of the walk they were almost black!


It may have been a grizzly looking day but it made my heart sing and was a real sign that spring is on the way. All the trees had little green buds everywhere! And of course today is the first day of spring so I'm super buzzed right now!

And finally from last week, my most amazing little badger army that is popping up all over the place!


I worked on these for around a year, tweaking their design over and over until it was just right and now I'm finally happy with them. Actually beyond happy with them! They're my little badgies! I'm going to be so sad to see them all go but at the same time they are my business cards! XD there's just something about these little guys. I spent so much time on them and I hand cut them all out and score them myself so they're very special. I just can't stop looking at them. I don't think I really believed that they would ever come to anything so to actually see them standing there, grinning away at me is just the most amazing feeling.

I'm going to be cutting 40 of these little guys out today, It's a good thing I love them so much!

So this week has lots going on, lots of designs needing to be finished, a commission to be worked on and lots of businessy bits like getting a card reader! Eep!

When I first decided to do this I was so scared, I was terrified as it was all so new but right now I'm completely pumped and loving this! I have everything under control and I'm getting everything done! It's not what I was expecting, I was definitely expecting me to be running around like a headless chicken behind on everything and then here I am getting a commission sorted at the same time as everything else without any added stress. It's all going so smoothly!

The only thing that's hovering over my head like a rain cloud is my bird colouring book as there's still a lot to get done with that right now but I still think I can get it done. If I get my head down and get working harder!

And hey, work hard and play harder! I intend to do this for the next few weeks of insanity :P

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment