Find my Products on Redbubble!

Monday 8 June 2015

If we could walk with the animals, talk with the animals...

Grunt and squeak and squawk with the animals.

There's nothing wrong with a dose of Dr. Doolittle ;)

So this weekend my amazing OH and I went to a Wildlife Park and got to get up close to some very amazing animals.
I can't get enough of animals, ever since I was a kid I was completely obsessed. Everything I did involved an animal, school projects, games, drawings! Always animals.
And nothing has really changed apart from I'm more nerdy with it and know more than your average freelance illustrator normally would. Of course this is helped by the animal care studies I've done because illustration is not my only passion in this life of mine!

Anyway!






Just a small handful of the moments I managed to capture. I was super excited to get so close to these animals and watch them move and behave naturally. Seeing pictures is one thing, you get an idea of colour, shape and sometimes size although size can be deceiving in images and film so as an artist who wants to draw these animals, seeing them in person is the best possible way to go.

So now, I have no excuse for an art block! Actually this weekend has left me feeling a lot more creative and ready to go crazy! 
I'm hoping to mix things up with my style and have some fun with the fauna!

Commissions are still open, head here and get in touch!

Products are also in the making right now and a slight revamp is planned over the next few weeks, so much going on, so many big things and it's super duper exciting!! Can't wait to see this project come to life at long last!!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and wishing you a fab week ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment