Find my Products on Redbubble!

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Waiting at the top of the roller coaster

Phew my little world has been like a roller coaster for the past few months, full of ups and downs and twists and turns.
Unfortunately the ride is far from over and I am now feeling as though I'm at the peak of the tallest part just teasingly creeping up, teetering over the bend with the groaning creaking metal beneath me sending my heart in to a fast dance and my stomach is lifting in anticipation over what's next.

Luckily though, I'm back in control of when I'll finally take the plunge.

So now I'm just trying to get back and focused on art work and where I'm going. I've spent a good few hours today working on rough sketches with photoshop before deciding whether to turn them in to traditional mediums or to carry on digital.


I'd forgotten how easy photoshop is to use and the past few hours have been so refreshing without having a mess and paint around me all the time.
The only problem is I'm noticing a lack of theme or style within my work, it's all over the place and this makes me uneasy. I had reached a point where I was working in a certain way with a certain theme and now that seems to have become a mix up.
I love all my ideas and I'm enjoying every moment of this which is what I'm trying to focus on but there's that little voice in my head going how are you going to get anywhere if you're so messy...
I guess on the brighter side to things this is actually broadening my knowledge and work so I can't really complain and there is a nature/fauna theme to the lot so I can't really complain!

Also on my to-do list I have a book commision, a few jewellery plans and some toony fun.
I'm trying to keep things varied after turning art in to something that is more than a hobby, I was kinda left without a fun thing to do when I got bored so I tried jewellery making and oh wow, it's so much fun and really relaxes you. 

So lots of stuff to do right now! So on to the next bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment