Find my Products on Redbubble!

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Chickens!

So today has been busy!

After the sudden buzz of chicken doodles yesterday I got to work on the inking and watercolouring. The result was exactly what I was after!



It's fantastic when you have an idea in your head and you actually manage to turn it in to reality. I've had so many times when I have a picture in my head of what I want to do, spend hours and hours working on something and then the finished image looks completely different. Of course sometimes it turns out better or whatnot but it was just so nice to work on these hens and manage to get them how I imagined.

Obviously they are not realistic to certain breeds but they are loosely based on certain colourations etc which has been lots of fun because it gave me an excuse to look through pictures of beautiful birds!

If you don't think chickens are pretty you really need to look up some of the variety of breeds in the world and in my opinion even the humble ex battery hen is gorgeous!

A quick fact! Did you know the chicken is the closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus Rex! 

No comments:

Post a Comment