Find my Products on Redbubble!

Wednesday 7 May 2014

A huge thank you and big adventures.

Well my work is no longer available through the Ohh Deer competition. It was an absolutely amazing experience that highlighted so many things for me.
I wasn't shortlisted but it's been amazing and I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who supported me on this crazy journey.

One thing the competition really highlighted was the small mistakes I made. I am an artist yet I am lacking a portfolio or an online portfolio.
I call this a mistake as this didn't help me to sell myself at all but it has now helped me and shown me what I need to do for the future.

Making mistakes is never a bad thing.

And now for some big adventures!

I started this year knowing that this year was going to be big.
It has already been full of crazy and that is continuing. I remember someone told me to enjoy the dull times because once the ball starts rolling it speeds up.
I didn't realise how true that was until now.
One competition is over and I have notes on things I need to do and then suddenly three more competitions pop up with deadlines that are in the very near future and I know that I can't miss these opportunities.

So I now have a lot of work to get done in a super short space of time but the best thing is this is what I love. I know there are going to be sleepless nights, I know there are going to be tears and stress but the thing is I also know that this is going to be amazing.

I don't care how far I get in these competitions, I don't care if I'm not as good as other people. For me putting myself out there for people to see, people I don't know personally is a huge jump forward for me and I am so proud of myself for that.

For the first time in my life the closed doors have opened and I have a chance, I am not going to let that chance slip through my fingers.

So let the art begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment