Find my Products on Redbubble!

Sunday 30 March 2014

A bit of Everything.

So this weekend has been a bit hectic for me. I haven't managed to stop physically or mentally which is absolutely exhausting but I can be smug as I have lots to show for the panda eyes I'm currently working.

Firstly I will say that I have become addicted to origami! I used to do it a lot in my early teenage but as I got older I forgot most of it and never really had the time to sit down and fold paper... that makes it sound really bad but it really isn't!
I will admit I'm not the best and I can barely manage a traditional crane (they tend to look like road kill) but the projects I can do become challenges and I start to do them in many different sizes.
Whilst at a craft shop during the week I managed to get hold of some origami paper and some jewellery making supplies, of course this lead to some fun crafting!

Magpie earrings!


These were tricky and not something I normally do but the end result was worth all the folding and experiments. to get the right size I ended up making a huge collection of magpies in different shapes and sizes.


At the craft shop I also ended up letting my inner child out. They sell paper mache models/shapes for you to decopage and I saw this little guy and had to get him. Of course instead of glue and paper I used paint and nail varnish but I love how he came out. He's destined to be a little desk buddy :)


And finally! Today I spent a good four hours straight working on some digital designs I want to enter in to a competition. This little tree frog won my attention today but as I finished the design off I realised that I wanted to play with the background colours... This of course was a very bad mistake!
I'm now stuck between three designs and need to choose one to enter the competition. 
Any opinions welcome :)


And now to think up another two designs and hopefully I won't get caught up with their colours!

But oh my, working digitally at the laptop for so long has left me aching and hurting in too many places. It's times like these that I understand why I tend to prefer traditional work.
But I'm not complaining. I'm really happy with my little frog design :)

Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment