Find my Products on Redbubble!

Friday 2 February 2018

January?

So, January was a bit of a wash out. 2018 has started in the weirdest way for me and I'm going to admit I'm struggling to keep up!
Apparently all of my organisational skills from last year have vanished and instead I'm left running around in a panic.
Don't get me wrong, the work still gets done and it gets done good! I just don't feel as good as I did before. I'm more frazzled and struggling to get a better life balance.

I had originally planned to blog weekly, post to instagram daily, add a new redbubble design weekly, get my site looking better and up to date, get Etsy a bit more up to date, get valentines day cards designed and up, mothers day, easter, new products...
And I guess that's why I failed because on top of that manic insane list I also had lots of orders coming through including a rush of pet portraits so I have been spending every day working from the moment the Mr leaves for work at 7:30 until 6:00 working my butt off.... and I wonder why I'm so frazzled and tired...

Not that I'm complaining! I've had some wonderful orders this month and I've loved working on all the pet portraits, it's been a lovely start of the year.

My main thing is the fact that apparently I've reverted to my teenage self and instead of being super organised am now giving myself insane to do lists that just aren't possible! I'm being the WORST boss I can possibly be!

So Hopefully February can see that change a bit and I can get a better balance with everything and not just become a working machine that stops occasionally to eat and to sleep.

On the fun side, I have lots of new art work to share soon once it's reached its recipients! And I have some new designs in the works in general. I'm hoping to start working on some different things that I enjoy to open up some new opportunities and adventures!

But for now, I have a day of admin and desk work along with a post run and remembering to eat and drink... seriously when you're self employed that kinda thing really goes out the door!

A quick reminder that valnetines day designs are up on Etsy and ready to be dispatched! If you're interested in any of the designs grab them now! The day is looming!


Also! One last thing! Silly Badger Designs turns 2 on Sunday!! Yes I am very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment