Find my Products on Redbubble!

Monday 3 July 2017

Mixing Things Up

If you follow me on Instagram you will have probably seen that I'm planning on making a few changes to Silly Badger Designs. Not bad changes of course but changes none the less and I thought I should elaborate slightly on here from my small little blurt of facts yesterday.

Before I get in to things I also want to say a huge thank you to the amazing support I've already received on this decision. It's given me so much confidence knowing I have some awesome people supporting me!

To put this very simply, illustration is starting to drain me. I love doing commissions and pet portraits but when it comes to designing greeting cards I'm starting to struggle, somehow in the past year I've become a card maker and that wasn't my original plan. I love what I do but I just feel like something is missing.
After joining Folksy and looking around at the amazing craft shops on there I kinda realised that I missed creating things like that.

I've always been creative, I was that weird kid who sculpted things out of baby bel wrappers at school or made wacky gifts for people. I never stopped creating. It's just something that always happened and I miss it. My main reason for stopping is that I got wrapped up in illustrations and our little house is way too small to contain my creativity and creations!
But the idea struck me that I can expand on my illustration work and add something different to Silly Badger Designs.

This doesn't mean I'm going to stop art work, my illustrations are the heart of my business and always will be and I am still an illustrator.
I just want to add other elements to my artwork.

And I know this can be a weird move for a business like mine but the awesome positive response I've had so far has been so amazing I'm just going for it.
This will just be another adventure to add to my already awesome business.

And as you know I'm all about the adventures!

So throughout this month I'm going to be working on some new products, annoyingly I can't start just yet as I'm waiting on supplies to turn up but I can at least get some designs ready for when they do.
This might be a bit new but I'm extremely excited by it which has given my business head a well needed boost!

But for now I will be updating both Etsy and Folksy with some new products I already have once I get round to getting some good product photos... probably the worst part of this job for me!

So let the adventure begin! I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment