Find my Products on Redbubble!

Monday 11 May 2015

Cool as a Cucumber.

So the past two weeks have been rather intense. I'm currently tackling something bigger than my usual commissions, which are still open by the way!
It's something I don't really want to go in to too much detail with at this current moment but it has been full of so many ups and downs. Roller coaster is putting it lightly, if this was a roller coaster design I'm sure it would be almost impossible for anyone not to throw up!

So it's been crazy. I'm sure I've made that clear. I'm now at the stage where if anybody tells me I'm doing this as an easy option I'm gonna dump an ice cream cone on their head!
You can tell it's been an experience :P

But on to more important things. I got so flustered that I lost my art buzz, I literally couldn't draw anything without wanting to screw it up in a ball. I was just lacking the ability to come up with ideas. My creativity bar was drained to dangerous levels so I decided to cheat.

Some people see colouring books as a childs thing. I can promise you this is a silly thing society has created. Too many people give up their creative side because it's for kids or they don't believe they can draw. There is nothing stopping anyone from drawing or colouring.
Colouring and creating is proven to be a stress reliever, not enough people realise this or use it to their advantage.
I'm an artist and own these two amazing books, because sometimes you just want to colour between the lines ;)


So if anybody out there, artist or not feels like getting colourful I can highly recommend these two books. The first Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta and the second Secret Garden by Johanna Basford. They are both gorgeous books to look through with amazing artwork and the designs are for kids and adults alike. And besides, who's to say what you can and can't do when it comes to creativity? ;)
When I'm stressed or hit a block, working in these books for half hour breaks the frustration cycle, it allows me to create without thinking too hard and it does get you to relax.
So go on, give them a go!

After a week of not being able to work I also spent an evening doodling anything that came to mind or that was around me, it's a good exercise to try when suffering from a creative block. I gave myself an hour to go crazy and filled three A4 pages with random things from crows to this guy.


So now, back to the crazy week ahead! It's going to be a big one!!

Have a great productive week full of happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment